9.28.2013

With a little help from my friends



Jacket- Vintage
Shoes - Lifestyle
Ring - Blur accessories


Myntra got in touch with me and they decided to send me some of things of my choice. To be honest I'd never really ordered from them before so I took the plunge (and took advantage of their sale section!) and bought 3 things that I could wear for an outfit post.

Firstly, the dress is this gorgeous, ruffly, polka dot print number which I was quite afraid to order. I'm 5'10 and I don't usually find dresses that are long AND fit me perfectly but this dress was the perfect length and fit me so well! I bought the dress in the size M, but if you do plan on buying dresses online, ALWAYS look out for the size guide and don't forget to google reviews in case you have to size up!

I think I bought the last piece because this bag is sold out! I'm really pleased with its quality and I think I'll be taking this baby out a lot more than my other bags.

My love for spikes and studs is quite obvious by now so it's only natural that I couldn't resist buying this Accessorize bracelet. If you've noticed, I always have some kind of edge to my accessories. It isn't something that I consciously decide to buy but I just tend to gravitate towards it. Blame it on my teenage goth phase which still resides in my psyche. Anyway, I do like edgy accessories & this Blur ring is proof enough. The fact that I can impale someone with it is quite hilarious (and terrifying for others)

Speaking of things that cause injuries, I wore my spiky ballerinas to balance out the cuteness of my dress. To top it all off, I decided to wear this vintage hand-me-down jacket from the 90's.



UPDATE:
So many things have happened this past month! I now write about music for an online magazine called The Crowded Patio. You can check out my first album review here!




Also, I made a playlist with some of my favourite songs from the 60's that make me happy. It has been a tough couple of months for me and I was feeling a bit depressed but I think surrounding myself with positivity has helped me immensely and I'm glad to say that I'm in a better place now. It's easy to lose your marbles when things don't go your way but with a little help from my friends (you know who you are!) I've managed to bring myself up. I know I don't share much about my personal life and I hope that I can write about my experiences someday. Maybe a book, I don't know, but for now I'm happy and that's all that matters. ^_^

P.S. - Breaking Bad is all that I can think of these days (when I should be studying ughh) I might be having a Breaking Bad themed finale viewing party next week for which I can hardly wait. On the other hand I am kind of sad that it is ending. Bittersweet indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh hey, Pearl! I love this look, it's so pretty and... er, indie (excuse me if my adjective use is totally rubbish)! For me, this looks indie - girlfriend-of-a-rockstar-ish?. Haha! I just really like everything here, from the ruffled PD dress (so cute) to its pairing with a basic denim jacket and those spike-y flats (told you I love 'em!). Very nice! Oooh, and that bag is really adorable, I clicked on the link under your picture and wow, it's that cheap?! I've already done my share of shopping this month so I mustn't get swayed all too easily... Good going on the music writing gig. Happy for you!

    P.S. Glad you're in a better phase now, whatever you were going through. I've had those days too... that continued into weeks so I can relate. There's nothing though like reaching that point every once in a while and saying... "You know what? It's okay. I'm happy again." Lots of love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ro! I always love reading your comments <3 You're too sweet!

      Delete
  2. what a great post!
    I love it :)
    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog & taking the effort to write a comment. It means a lot to me!